Hello everyone,

I would like to propose Commons RDF, a small library providing a common API for RDF 1.1. The current draft of the proposal is here:

  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CommonsRDF

The main motivation behind this simple library is revise an historical incompatibility issue in the Java world. In particular, commons RDF aims to provide a type-safe, non-general API that covers RDF 1.1.

The path for the project is clear. But in this phase Commons RDF has to focus on the API design, which actively involves developers of existing toolkits, so it is better to have a more focused community and infrastructure than the Commons Sandbox. Then we have come to the conclusion that incubation is probably the best path, and then gradually prepare the Commons RDF community for working within the larger Apache Commons community. Therefore we hope the possible conflict with the name of this podling would not been seen as a problem during incubation.

We would gladly welcome additional volunteers to act as mentors on the
project, as well as a champion, preferable someone with any relationship with the Apache Common community.

Thanks!
Andy, Peter, Stian, Reto and Sergio

--
Sergio Fernández