My feeling is that the incubator incubates communities and their
products.

With the pTLP plan, the communities don't need incubating in the same
way - they have sufficient maturity to self-manage. That is, to my mind,
the essence of the proposal. In which case, it is the product that needs
incubation, and thus an incubation annotation.

Now, I would argue that *any* project can bring in code to form a
product that isn't ready yet, and that needs to follow the steps
described for a pTLP. That is, it is a product that is market
provisional, not the community or project.

Could, for example, a normal TLP produce an incubated or provisional
product?

Upayavira