On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <r...@apache.org> wrote:

> It is my pleasure and privilege to open up the following
> proposal:
>     https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/GroovyProposal

I've read through the proposal (rev 17).  It looks good to me.

FWIW I winced a bit on Apache Pig's behalf when I read that "Groovy, if
accepted by Incubator, will be a first major programming language developed
under the umbrella of Apache Software Foundation."

The conversation around committer/PMC-member composition is healthy, but would
be better held on the podling dev list so that the wider Groovy community gets
to see it.  I'm am persuaded that the core contributors understand the issues
well enough, especially after reading this:

    https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/GroovyProposal#Known_Risks

    For Groovy to fully transition to an "Apache Way" governance model it
    needs to start embracing the meritocracy-centric way of growing the
    community of contributors while balancing it with the needs for extreme
    stability and coherency of the core language implementation.

Great to see Groovy here!

Marvin Humphrey