Justin,

Thanks for your quick feedback. My comments are below.

D.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > If the files don't contain any GPL IP, then what we have is a "licensing
> > documentation bug":
>
> That's also my opinion. There are however several other issue with LICENSE
> and NOTICE, most are also "bugs' but I'm concerned about the other GPL
> licenses and the EPL license.
>
> Notice file needs some changes (mostly things removed).
> - No need to list Scala collection license as this is Apache licensed and
> has not NOTICE file. [1]
> - Look like JetBrains Annotations does have a NOTICE file and this text
> needs to go into the NOTICE file [2]
> - No need to list Persistent Collections library as it is MIT licensed and
> is already in LICENSE. [3]
> - No need to list snaptree as this is BSD and is already in LICENSE. [3]
> - No need to list org.jdk8.backport, you could out this in LICENSE
> (assuming it is public domain and not GPL).
>
> License file may need a few additions:
> - Add org.jdk8.backport (se above)
> - Possibly missing jcraft (BSD)?
> - Possibly missisng SL4j (MIT)?
> - Public domain books

This should be easy to fix. Will do.

> Is this GPL software bundled or required?
> ./modules/core/src/main/resources/META-INF/licenses/gnu-gplv2ce-license.txt
> ./modules/geospatial/licenses/jts-lgpl-license.txt
> ./modules/hibernate/licenses/hibernate-lgpl-2.1-license.txt
> ./modules/schedule/licenses/cron4j-lgpl-2.1-license.txt

These are optional runtime dependencies (GPL code is not present in the
Apache Ignite source tree). The license text is provided on per-dependency
basis to let the user know that if he/she chooses to include the
dependency, then it will be under the specified license.

> It look like the software bundles these?
> ./modules/ssh/licenses/jcraft-revised-bsd.txt
> ./modules/visor-console/licenses/jcraft-revised-bsd.txt
> ./modules/slf4j/licenses/sl4j-mit-license.txt
> ./modules/visor-plugins/licenses/slf4j-mit-license.txt
> ./modules/scalar/licenses/scala-bsd-license.txt
> ./modules/visor-console/licenses/scala-bsd-license.txt

These libraries are not part of the source code, but are optional
dependencies, just like the ones described above.

> If so then need to be added to LICENSE.
>
> This may also be a concern as it is a weak copyleft license. [4]
> ./modules/aop/licenses/aspectj-epl-license.txt

Again, same as above. This is an optional dependency and the actual EPL
code is not included in the source tree.

> You may also want to mention these in LICENSE (public domain):
>
> ./modules/hadoop/src/test/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/processors/hadoop/books/alice-in-wonderland.txt
>
> ./modules/hadoop/src/test/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/processors/hadoop/books/art-of-war.txt
>
> ./modules/hadoop/src/test/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/processors/hadoop/books/huckleberry-finn.txt
>
> ./modules/hadoop/src/test/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/processors/hadoop/books/sherlock-holmes.txt
>
> ./modules/hadoop/src/test/java/org/apache/ignite/internal/processors/hadoop/books/tom-sawyer.txt

Will do.