> On Mar 22, 2015, at 9:32 AM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com> wrote:
>
> My preference would be to ask pTLP advocates "which public list" they want to
> use.  Creating a new public mailing list is an option, though the low
> visibility of a new list makes such an option less than ideal and the usual
> arguments against Yet Another Mailing List apply.  As far as I am concerned,
> they would be welcome to use general@incubator if that's their choice.  Maybe
> dev@community would be OK though I would be surprised if the ComDev PMC were
> amenable.

The mailing lists derive their power from being focused on specific topics.
They relieve the subscribers from having to troll through voluminous amounts of
mail to find those threads that are meaningful and relevant to them.

With that said, pTLP and direct-to-TLP issues have no business being on the
Incubator lists since they are not under the purvey of the Incubator.  Using
the same reasoning, pTLP and direct-to-TLP issues have no business being on the
ComDev lists since they are not under the purvey of ComDev.

It’s the 21st century and making, managing, subscribing, etc, mailing lists is
no big deal.  I propose that we create a list called percola...@apache.org for
the purposes of shepherding all manner of “out of band” items such as pTLPs,
direct-to-TLPs, future revolutions, etc.

Regards,
Alan