On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There are a few more cleanup and followup tasks to take care of in order to
>> prepare for next month:
>>
>> *   Assign podlings who did not report a "monthly" attribute in
>>     podlings.xml.
>> *   Remove any expired "monthly" attributes.
>> *   Run clutch.py.
>> *   Assign shepherds.
>> *   Generate the July report template and publish on the wiki.
>>
>> No hurry, so take a couple days to catch your breath.  Will your schedule
>> allow you to get to those by the end of this week?
>
> It should.  After the presentation tomorrow at Spark Summit, I should be
> clear for a few days.

Hi Ted -- can you take care of these items please?

>> Once you close out this month's cycle, we might also have a conversation
>> about how you think the report process could be improved.
>
> Happy to do so.
>
> So far, the support of the team has been absolutely extraordinary.  The
> only suggestion so far is to help a new VP know that the support exists.
> My assumption was that I was jumping into the deep end.  The facts were
> quite different.

Well, I think we can do better yet if we integrate the Incubator's monthly
reporting into whimsy.  My perception is that the total burden is too high.
In the past it was borne solely by the Chair, which was not at all
sustainable.  Now it is spread, but additional tooling can improve matters
more.

However, I'm trying to hold off on that conversation until the current Chair
has actually performed all the tasks involved with the report and so groks the
full scope.  Hint hint. ;)

Marvin Humphrey