Le 25/06/15 09:21, Jochen Theodorou a écrit :
> Am 24.06.2015 22:32, schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny:
>> Le 24/06/15 22:28, David Nalley a écrit :
> [...]
>>> More generally to the underlying issue that prompted this discussion:
>>> With the concrete example of Geode's DockerHub presence, I don't think
>>> it's acceptable:
>>> https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/apachegeode/geode/
>>>
>>> Specifically, it's promoting folks consume a nightly build.
>>> There's no warning that this hasn't met the ASF standards for
>>> software, or that this project hasn't even pushed out a release yet.
>>> Then there's the fact that the dockerfile isn't even coming from the
>>> ASF it's coming from: https://github.com/markito/geode-docker
>>
>> That is a clear breach of The ASF release policy, I agree.
>
> Just to clarify this... as far as I can see, both pages are not under
> the control of apache. The github page is not a mirror page from the
> apache organization as well. Why does the apache policy extend to
> non-apache pages?

Good question ! My perception is that it is an ASF policy breach,
assuming the team providing such a package is a member of the Apache
community.

If it's not the case, then, there is no problem, or nothing we can do.

However, when you look at the link [1], the page says : " If you have
any problems with or questions about this image, please contact us using
d...@geode.incubator.org <mailto:d...@geode.incubator.org> or join our
HipChat <http://s.apache.org/geodechat> channel.". Although the mail is
wrong (it should be d...@geode.incubator.apache.org), the hipchat channel
link referes to http://s.apache.org/geodechat, clearly an Apache resource.