On 22.07.2015 22:10, Pierre Smits wrote:
> @Branko: are referring to TEZ in your last posting, or Ignite?

I'm a mentor for Ignite; this thread is about Ignite; of course I'm
talking about Ignite.

> If you are talking about ignite, have a look at:
> http://markmail.org/search/incubator.ignite+list:org.apache.ignite.dev and
> http://markmail.org/search/incubator.ignite+list:org.apache.ignite.user and
> check out the 'Who sent it' overviews of each and compare that to the list
> of names (and affiliations). in
> http://ignite.incubator.apache.org/community/resources.html

I frankly don't know what you're talking about. Are you telling me to
review the mailing list traffic and verify that anyone who ever sent a
mail to the lists is mentioned as a contributor? Are you saying that the
correctness of the contributor list is a graduation requirement?

> Then you have the basis for assessing how well the podling has been doing
> the community building aspect and embedding diversity and independence
> during the incubation phase up to now.

Having been a pretty nitpicking mentor, I'm well aware how the community
has been doing, thanks. And I'll restate my opinion that it's been doing
amazingly well. Not only has it gained committers many from outside the
company that donated the code, they've also established working
relationships with other ASF projects that can be integrated with
Ignite. In light of this, anyone who persists in saying that the
community is not open and diverse enough had better come up with some
hard data corroborating that.

-- Brane