On 26 July 2015 at 10:40, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > About 40% of the last 100 threads on general@ is "vote release"... Cut
> that
> > away is a good start in reforming the Incubator…
>
> IMO Which provides a valuable service in showing poddlings on how to make
> good releases. Do we want to get rid of that?

No that is an important service, on the other hand I also agree that the
mentors should be guiding/running the podlings not general@

Maybe we can find some middle ground.
- Mentors "run" the podlings, can accept releases etc.
- Mentors decide when a podlng can graduate (maybe with some form of, needs
to accepted by all mentors of the project)
- Any release must be announced (not voted) on general@, so that people
like you have a chance of controlling it just like today.

I think this would make incubator a lot more efficient, reduce our inboxes,
and give us spare time to concentrate on other things.

rgds
jan i.