Hello Forks.

I was referred to this list as a starting point for getting a project
incubated with ASF.

I am the developer of S2Graph, an open-source distributed graph database
s2graph on HBase.

Here is the github repository and presentations that describe how s2graph
store data as property graph model and production usecases.
github: https://github.com/kakao/s2graph
presentation:
1. hbasecon(2015-05): http://www.slideshare.net/HBaseCon/use-cases-session-5
2. apachecon(2015-09):
http://schd.ws/hosted_files/apachebigdata2015/06/s2graph_apache_con.pdf

It is inspired by "TAO: Facebook`s Distributed Data Store for Social Graph"
but implementation is different and use HBase as storage.
It is linear scalable regarding to both number of server and how many edges
that bfs search traverse on.
It is not complete graph database, but simple layer to transform data into
property graph model and provide fully asynchronous breadth first search on
large graph.

currently more than 20 services(http://www.kakaocorp.com/en/about/service)
are powered by in production and our average response tim stay under 100ms
with 20k breadth first search query per second at peak on more than
trillion edges for about 8 months.

existing community of the developers is very limited so far(only 2
engineers from company called kakao) and that is main reason I want to
discuss proposing it as incubating project.

not sure where to start, but I would appreciate any questions and comments.

- Doyung Yoon