On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 8:07 AM Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 2:15 AM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm a bit bothered by the fact that this would mean that the community
>> > voted on one resolution and then a different resolution is constructed
>> > anew for the board to approve.  But at the moment, I'm not sure how to
>> > solve that problem.
>> >

>> New workflow:
>>
>> 1. $somebody uses whimsy to post a resolution
>> 2. commit message is forwarded to $list
>> 3. community sees $resolution
>>
>> I believe the question is "does the commit message reach the appropriate
>> audience?"
>>

> Maybe it stays in a waiting area until approved by the community?

There's an idea.

I prefer to focus on defining a process with whimsy in mind, and then
add support for making it easier to do something that could also be
done outside of whimsy.

Applied here, there could be a simple directory in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers of draft resolutions.
The board agenda tool could have one or more forms forms that assist
with drafting resolutions and place them in that directory.  People
could update those resolutions directory, and perhaps the tool could
also be used for update.

The board agenda tool could add support for posting a draft resolution
found in this directory to this month's agenda.

>> Cheers,
>> -g

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  Perhaps it is time for a different subject line and/or move to
dev@whimsical?