As Ted points out, so long as the prior github presence is effectively
mothballed I don't see any problem with leaving it up for the foreseeable
future.

The main concern of mine and the membership involves podlings making
active use of a github repo not under Apache's direct control.  This doesn't
necessarily mean there's a problem, it just means we should have a look
to see if everything is happening according to policy.