And there is another problem I have. Maybe it isn’t true of all projects, but
the one I am involved with says the author can’t commit his own code. So the
commit logs will not reflect who actually authored the code but who reviewed
it.

I could probably tolerate RTC if I had to have the commit somewhere it could be
reviewed, I had to wait for the review and fix any defects and then could
commit the code myself (ideally even if no one actually reviewed it). That
process isn’t really much different than what I do for my larger commits
anyway. But just submitting something for review and then hoping someone
reviews it and then hoping someone commits it takes all the joy out of it for
me.

Ralph