On 1/4/16, 3:02 PM, "shaposh...@gmail.com on behalf of Roman Shaposhnik"
<shaposh...@gmail.com on behalf of ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

>> 2) In the cases that we've made non-trivial changes to the source, we
>> should additionally add the ASF copyright notice at the top of the file,
>> and amend the original copyright statement with the words "Some
>>portions"
>> as we've done for example in cache.cc[7].
>
>I don't think you need to do that, but you do need an ASF license header.
>
>I don't think ASF encourages "Portions Copyright ... ASF" statements
>on individual files.
>
>> 3) In all files (regardless of whether we've made changes), we should
>>add
>> the Apache license header above any existing license headers, while
>> maintaining the existing one.
>
>Correct and it should also solve #2

Doesn't #3 from http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party
contradict this?

0. The term "third-party work" refers to a work not submitted directly to
the ASF by the copyright owner or owner's agent.
1. Do not modify or remove any copyright notices or licenses within
third-party works.
2. Do ensure that every third-party work includes its associated license,
even if that requires adding a copy of the license from the third-party
download site into the distribution.
3. Do not add the standard Apache License header to the top of third-party
source files.
4. Minor modifications/additions to third-party source files should
typically be licensed under the same terms as the rest of the rest of the
third-party source for convenience.
5. Major modifications/additions to third-party should be dealt with on a
case-by-case basis by the PMC.

Thanks,

-Alex