Just to second some of that, both incubator and outside, it would be cool
if the ASF had a 'jobs board' of sorts, where projects could add "adverts"
for people when they are short of specific help. Or conversely if I'm bored
and want to do something a bit different where can I find projects who have
a need for my skill set?

I can search distinct projects, but it would be nice to have a central
location.