CCLA is optional for ASF

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser [mailto:josh.el...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:34 PM
To: d...@slider.incubator.apache.org
Cc: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Request for advice on code donation

https://github.com/apache/incubator-slider/pull/3/commits

jbnote is the unresponsive party in question. There are a modest number of
commits and changes from him.

Alex -- that's the thing. Aside from a "I'll get you a CCLA from my employer" 2
months ago, I haven't heard anything from this fellow.

Ted Dunning wrote:
> How big are the contributions in question?
>

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Alex Harui<aha...@adobe.com>  wrote:
>
>> Looks like the repo was placed under the Apache License long before
>> this individual contributed.  So, IMO, if you are convinced this
>> individual and his employer knew his contributions were placed under
>> the Apache License you could gamble and accept his contributions.  If
>> you get an objection later, you can delete and re-implement the
>> contributions.
>>
>> My 2 cents,
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 1/14/16, 10:45 AM, "Josh Elser"<els...@apache.org>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> (with my podling member hat on)
>>>
>>> We have a bit of a problem over in Slider with a code donation. Full
>>> details can be found at
>>> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fiss
>>> ues.apache.org%2fjira%2fbrowse%2fSLIDER-977&data=01%7c01%7cRoss.Gard
>>> ler%40microsoft.com%7c5c368269179f4c748f3c08d31d220958%7c72f988bf86f
>>> 141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=wwsW0v2jmQlT8%2fszr7U6O3VcAP6uhg%2fk