dropping the DOAP file of a retired incubator project means removing the
project from projects list [1]: it seems reasonable

there is one task to do: remove the entry from projects DOAP files list [2]

notice that this step has to be done only when a project has previously made
the effort to create a DOAP file: incubator projects usually didn't take time
create one (perhaps because documentation has been hard to follow until now: I
hope we'll make the process easier to understand in the future then have more
incubator DOAP files...  )

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://projects.apache.org/projects.html