Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for this detailed testing and report.

Normally we should only have dual licensed GPL/CDDL unless I have missed
something. We are working on a plugin legal-maven-plugin that actually does
recursively go down into embedded JARs to make sure we collect everything but
it’s a work in progress.

Honestly I would have never thought this process was so complex nor so long,
and I truly wonder how many projects at Apache actually go through all of this
(my guess is not many apart from yours of course :)).

That compilation issue is strange, I tested this many times locally so maybe
something is depending on the environment.

cheers,
  Serge…