[orcmid]

No, I don't take it to cover that.  I think it is more like speaking of
third-party code that bears ALv2 license notices already.

[Also "rights" and "transfer" are rather vague and potentially over-broad.  I
have no interest in haggling about that.  All I am suggesting is that the
original files do not appear to be transposed to having the form of notice
preferred by the ASF.  Having not been on the PPMC, I have no idea what grants
were received in any form.]