The procedure would be identical to the OpenOffice donation from Oracle to
Apache.  Oracle would have to sign a software grant to Apache and
contributors would have to iCLAs. Apache requires copyright owners to vouch
they are the original authors and have given permission for their IP to be
licensed under the Apache Software License.

It would not be possible to "fork" to Apache without sign-off from Oracle.

-David