Friday, March 25, 2016, 10:54:22 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> -1 (binding) due to category B license in source.

I believe they are under the Apache License, Version 2.0, and so
aren't category B, but see later.

> As these file are
> mention in NOTICE there’s probably a reason for this but it’s unclear to me.
>
> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures good but form a non apache email

(Yes, I will create another signature sooner or later. The current
signature is used for releases for several years now.)

> - LICENSE is good
> - NOTICE has unneeded information in it
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - No unexpected binary files, but no sure why 2 files are mentioned
> in NOTICE. IF these field are covered by an Apache license there
> should  be no need to put them in NOTICE.

You mean src/main/misc/overloadedNumberRules/prices.ods and
src/manual/en_US/docgen-originals/figures/overview.odg? As they don't
have copyright headers (because they are binaries), I thought I have
to indicate their license somewhere.

> - Can compile from source
>
> Can you provide some details on these files. This files have Apache
> headers on them but as far as I can tell the originals are CDDL/GPU
> which is category B and not allowed to be included in a source release.
>     src/main/resources/freemarker/ext/jsp/web-app_2_2.dtd
>     src/main/resources/freemarker/ext/jsp/web-app_2_3.dtd
>     src/main/resources/freemarker/ext/jsp/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd
>     src/main/resources/freemarker/ext/jsp/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd
>
> For original license see [1][2][3]. I’m not sure how the first file is
> licensed.

Many years ago these originally Sun Microsystems licensed files
started to appear in Apache Tomcat with Apache license. That's where
they came from. You can find them in Apache Tomcat 7 binary
distribution (among others), inside lib/servlet-api.jar and
lib/jsp-api.jar. They are exactly the same as those included in
FreeMarker (ignoring possible line ending CRLF versus LF differences).

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd
> 2. http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd