Hi everyone

I just want to make it clear that my suggestion was in no way some sort of
attempt to hijack the project or push a corporate agenda.

For me personally, I have not been directly involved in PredictionIO, that
is true. I have however spent the past 3 years prior to joining IBM
building from scratch, single-handedly, a commercial SaaS product that is
at its core fundamentally very similar in terms of architecture and design
(though admittedly less general as it was focused on the recommendation
space). Also, I've had some chats with Simon over the past couple of years
and also recently specifically about this proposal, hence my interest.

I can't speak for Mike directly, but certainly I see a potential SystemML
integration in the future as something interesting for both projects (I'm
not suggesting it should be worked on immediately as a primary focus).

In any case, I see the proposal is in voting stage and it appears the vote
will easily pass, so all the best with Apache PredictionIO (incubating)!
We'll look at getting involved where it makes sense and we could add value.

Nick