Hello all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache
Mynewt 0.9.0. Given that it is version 0.x, it is still a bit of a beta.
This is the third release candidate for Mynewt 0.9.0 (rc3).  A summary
of what changed between the prior release candidates can be found in the
respective [CANCEL][VOTE] emails:
    * rc1: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Zunmlysgs7hcywt
    * rc2: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Zkeq5fu5s6r05tu

Apache Mynewt is a community-driven, permissively licensed open source
initiative for constrained, embedded applications. Mynewt provides a
real-time operating system, flash file system, network stacks, and
support utilities for real-world embedded systems.

For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Release+Notes.

[VOTE] thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b01d7ebb991bfc8a3913cb623743ba68297694faf8fc15508d064ff9@1464633264@%3Cdev.mynewt.apache.org%3E

[RESULT][VOTE] thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0ff6875703299d1f9b2e22fb43b3271ab102d8e6441e71575736fdde@%3Cdev.mynewt.apache.org%3E

[DISCUSS] thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fbd7acb28c25bdb4e4d7c4bb7cb6ffa4236cc3e1cdc3999b5f07aced@1464633342@%3Cdev.mynewt.apache.org%3E

This release candidate was tested as follows:
    1. Manual execution of the Mynewt test plan

(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MYNEWT/Apache+Mynewt+Test+Plan).
    2. The full unit test suite for this release was executed via "newt
       test all" with no failures. This testing was performed on the
       following platforms:
         * OS X 10.10.5
         * Linux 3.19.0 (Ubuntu 14.04)

The release candidate to be voted on is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-0.9.0-incubating/rc3/

The commits under consideration are as follows:

blinky:
    repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-blinky
    commit: b9a65d46d21c370f56ee934d4f24267ec62722ec

core:
    repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-core
    commit: 054efdb9d9bb14b01f30d3184c9129e3cfd275c9

newt:
    repos: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-newt
    commit: f0a27b6294c25b85c2a7a1e465c5d36ef467054d

In addition, the following newt convenience binaries are available:
    linux:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-0.9.0-incubating/rc3/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-linux-0.9.0-incubating.tgz
    osx:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-0.9.0-incubating/rc3/apache-mynewt-newt-bin-osx-0.9.0-incubating.tgz

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mynewt/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Thanks,
Chris