On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 6:37 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO as long as that second email is private, then we could probably drop the
> requirement for the first notification.

+1 to drop one or the other.

I would argue to drop the second instead and only send the email
notifying the IPMC that a VOTE is taking place, because that saves 3
days.

This is still parallel to the Board procedure, in that when a PMC
Chair sends a [NOTICE] email to the Board, they are not required to
include a link to the [VOTE] result -- that's a requirement which
applies to other PMC Members, but not the Chair. Thus a Chair can send
a [NOTICE] to the Board before the election completes.

The parallel isn't perfect, but it's never going to be because PPMCs
don't have Chairs. So I'd opt for convenience and expediency in this
case.

Marvin Humphrey