Marvin Humphrey wrote:
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Josh Elser<els...@apache.org>  wrote:

I'm a little frustrated as this has just hit me across three different
podlings in the past two days. Because I'm not a PMC chair, I don't have the
ability to actually modify LDAP groups to grant the necessary karma to
podling members to commit, access Jenkins, etc (e.g. modify_appgroups.pl)

I'm not sure where to start with making this better, but I'm happy to engage
whoever necessary to try to make sure that all mentors have the ability to
help their podlings.

This typically comes up only for a minority of committers:

*   People who became committers on another Apache TLP before becoming a
     committer on an Incubator podling (as opposed to people who join the
     Incubator first and are thus already in the `incubator` ldap group after
     Secretary processes their ICLA.)
*   People who need to access Jenkins and thus need `modify_appgroups.pl` run.

The stopgap is that we have a number of PMC Chairs on the IPMC, and if you
send a request to private@incubator someone can take care of it for you.  The
volume so far has been manageable.

Marvin Humphrey

Marvin: While I'm not happy to have to bug someone else to "get s*** done", I will make that my process moving forward :). If the load or responsiveness becomes excessive, we can have this discussion again. Thanks for the response.

Julian: Thanks for your view as well.