Hi Christopher,

> On Aug 1, 2016, at 3:00 PM, Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Why would this be a concern for http://fluo.io, but not sites like
> http://www.stratahadoopworld.com/ or http://accumulosummit.com/ which are
> related to the ASF project, but clearly not owned or controlled by ASF? Or
> even http://search.maven.org/? The last one has a disclaimer about who owns
> the "Maven" trademark. Would it still be a problem for "http://fluo.io"; if
> it also had a similar disclaimer?

The reason I’m pushing back on fluo being in compliance with Apache trademark
policy is that we currently have a mess with several other projects. PMCs are
having a difficult time defending Apache’s brands.

“The other guys are not in compliance so we don’t have to be” is not a good
response. We are trying to straighten out other misuses of Apache trademarks
and don’t want any more issues while we figure out how to fix the others.

Craig

Craig L Russell
Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
c...@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo