On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 9:36 AM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm -1 until the website issues are resolved.
>
> - Make sure its clear that any existing releases are not apache endorsed.

One interesting thing this discussion has highlighted that we didn't
realize was the following :

1. Releases of Fluo before moving to apache were made available via
the fluo-io/fluo repo on GH
2. The GitHub projects fluo and fluo-recipes were transferred to the
apache org on GH from the fluo-io repo on GH.  The downloads came
along for the ride when the transfer happened.
3. Now the downloads[1] look like ASF artifacts (because they under
the apache GH org) to someone not familiar with this history and ASF
release practices.

What should we do about this?  Personally I would like to delete the
old artifacts[1] from GH after we have a 1.0.0-incubating release of
Fluo.  Is it ok to leave them there for now and is it ok for
fluo.apache.org to link to them with a disclaimer?

This will be something to look out for in the future when projects
transfer GH repos to Apache.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-fluo/releases