On 25/08/16 07:34, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> I think you may be seeing signs of self-throttling. Basically if the
> new proposal
> comes in and there's nobody interested in mentoring it -- well the project
> won't
> go in.

Well, that just 1% of the work. Every body could easily volunteer for
mentoring; most os the work at that phase is done by the champion. But what
really requires time is actually mentoring the podling. My feeling is (I
have no figures) that is most of our current podling we have just 1-2
active mentors. That would be another way to look to that detail.

That agrees with my experience.

A commitment to mentoring for 2 or more years is substantial. My experience has been that mentors fade away for all the obvious reasons of volunteers+(lack of)time. Signing up to mentor is the easy part and everyone is well-intentioned.

So is the incubator full? No, but it needs to be careful about the nature of the set of mentors.

        Andy