I am sorry to be reading this, but I was at Steve Blackmon's talk last week
in Berlin at Flink forward about using Streams +  Flink.

It was a very interesting talk and I chatted with Steve briefly about the
Streams project.

Is there absolutely no chance of reviving this project or giving the
project some more time before calling the attic ?