Hi John

Thanks for your comments.

Because CarbonData is data format, for supporting multiple language(such
as:Java,C++,C...) for satisfying different users, the source code(format
files) could be compiled by Apache Thrift.

As we discussed in the previous release session:
1. The build command need to be added for pointing out Thrift installation
required: https://github.com/apache/incubator-carbondata/tree/master/build

2. For general users, they don't need to install Apache thrift, we already
facilitated it as much as possible and uploaded “format dependency jar” to
maven repo. Only during checking and preparing release, PPMC and IPMC need
install Apache Thrift for compiling and checking source code, once the
release be published, the format jar will be exist in maven repo.

BTW: this is common issues for softwares which are integrating with Apache
Thrift for supporting different code language.

Regards
Liang