Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 8:12:32 PM, Craig Russell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sounds like the easiest way to handle this is as you described.

If we can do that, that's great! I will wait a few days to see if
someone else has anything to add, then I will assume that the
Incubator PMC has agreed and I will go ahead.

> Get a CCLA from Kenshoo with
> https://github.com/kenshoo/freemarker-online describing the code being
> contributed
> Add any current Kenshoo employees
> Get an ICLA from non-Kenshoo folks

I'm a bit confused regarding the last point above. We already got
ICLA-s from the non-Kenshoo folks at the ASF, but they have
contributed code to a non-ASF project back then. (Do we rather need an
SGA from them maybe?)

> Create a git repo for the new content
> After we accept the CCLA, generate a pull request and take in the code
> Change package names
> Change license headers
>
> Craig
>
>> On Feb 22, 2017, at 10:39 AM, Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is related to the incubating FreeMarker project.
>>
>> A company called Kenshoo has developed a simple but handy online
>> evaluator service for FreeMarker, some 3 years ago, and they are still
>> hosting it. Because they don't develop this service anymore, and
>> because timely pull request merging and deployment seems to become an
>> issue, we would like to bring the source code over to be part of the
>> FreeMarker project. They are willing to donate the source code to the
>> ASF.
>>
>> As of the more technical aspect of this, the FreeMarker project has
>> multiple Git repos, one for each "product" (one product is the engine
>> itself, another is the documentation/website generator Ant task, and
>> yet another is the website content). These are separate products,
>> because their versioning/releasing is independent. We would like to
>> add one more such Git repo and product, for freemarker-online.
>>
>> We are trying to find out what's the most efficient yet legally
>> acceptable way of doing this. Just as an example, after the repo was
>> created and we add LICENSE and such, we could, technically, accept a
>> pull request from Kenshoo if they sign a Corporate CLA. I know it's an
>> extreme approach as they contribute to an almost empty repo, OTOH we
>> are talking about only 31 classes and some build files (~160 KB source
>> code). Anyway, how should we do it?
>>
>> The source code we want to bring over:
>> https://github.com/kenshoo/freemarker-online
>>
>> Note that the 2 contributors from outside Kenshoo are also FreeMarker
>> contributors, so we can get any papers needed from them (as there was
>> no CLA signed at Kenshoo).
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Daniel Dekany