Good questions.  My thoughts:

Daniel Dekany wrote on 4/14/17 5:32 AM:
> The page says that the "Official Incubator Logo" "is to be used on ALL
> podling pages during the incubation process". But I guess the intent
> was to allow using the "Red-On-White Version of Logo" or
> "Black-On-White Version of Logo" or "White-On-Black Version of Logo"
> instead as well.

Yes, I'd think podlings should be able to choose the variant that best
fits their own design.

> Also I'm not sure what the intended usage of the ``Standalone "Powered
> By" Apache Incubator Logo`` is. Since the rectangular official logo
> must be displayed (according the press kit), it sounds unlikely that
> someone will show the circular variation as well. So maybe the intent
> was to allow using that *instead* of the rectangular one?

Good question, does Sally or anyone else working on Incubator branding
overall have an opinion?  Personally I'd vote for using the official
square logo in general for podling branding, but if someone wants to
talk about the Incubator project as an overall process, the circular
logo might make sense.

> The press kit doesn't tell where on the page the logo can be shown, so
> I assume even showing it in the page footer is fine.

Since a number of current projects feature the incubator disclaimer and
logo in the footer, yes, that should still be fine.

> Also I'm not sure that by "used on ALL podling pages" you really mean
> all of them, like even JavaDoc generated pages. (It's doable
> technically, just asking.)

No, javadoc pages don't need the branding, although it's nice.  Branding
MUST be applied on homepage, any major landing pages (i.e. where you
send out links to answer questions from), and on download related pages.
 Branding should be on all the main pages of the website; i.e. ones
where we are crafting the content (as opposed to purely generated API or
similar docsets like javadoc).

> Well, I guess these will be added to
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html
> eventually. Only if we are to implement this at certain podling now,
> it would be good to know what the options are.

The high level goal is to have your project complying with the Apache
TLP project branding policy by the time you graduate (modulo the
incubating disclaimer, etc..  It's supposed to be a process, so as long
as a podling is making progress, it should be good.

  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

- Shane

--

- Shane