I understand that concern. Why do you think your users install release
candidates under vote? It might be time to think about splitting out a
users@ list?

Perhaps you can expand the instructions in the VOTE email with the exact
commands to install and uninstall, or a special test script that enforces
use of virtualenv for instance. With a larger community the VOTE emails
need to be more guiding for expectation management.