Bertrand,

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 4:31 AM Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:59 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...While there is
> > no perfect release, we do expect all licensing issues to be cleared up by
> > the time they graduate, and the current release indicates they are not...
>
> Does this mean you are opposed to SystemML graduating at this point?

I am.  However, I'll point out that the last podling in this situation,
Kylin, did re-roll a release to fix the remaining issues, and was able to
get me to vote a +1 on their graduation.  I do not plan to vote a -1 on
SystemML

> Luciano's reference to releases 0.12 and 0.13 passing without
> problems, as well as (at least) 3 ASF members on the proposed PMC make
> me confident about graduating.

I believe the reasons the last two releases passed cleanly has more to do
with who reviewed those releases and what they were looking for rather than
something new.  The LICENSE issues I noted have existed for 6 months, those
two releases are less than 6 months old.  Simply not enough time on my side
to review all releases.

Each of SystemML's releases have gotten better, it just concerns me that in
their last release they agreed to fix things in the next release - which is
conceivably outside the incubator.