On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Tom Barber <t...@spicule.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't have any examples, but I don't know of any webapps that don't
> bundle dependencies otherwise users are forced to install all the
> dependencies by hand into tomcat/common or something. Whether they
> dependencies are ASF compatible or not I don't know, but from the peanut
> gallery that sounds completely normal.

Well my podling doesn't -- they manipulate TC classpath to find extra
dependencies.

But that's actually not important -- you're right bundling
dependencies is OK, but
doing that makes it even more important to do proper LICENSE and NOTICE.

The examples I see in Ooize and Ranger are pretty shockingly not doing any of
that.

Thanks,
Roman.