Hi John,

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:11 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Its unfair for us to put some stake in the ground expecting podlings to
> match up 100% on the questions.  Many of the questions are subjective - is
> the code easy to discover? respond to bug reports in a timely manner?...

Ok, I think I understand your reluctance now: you don't want us to set
a gate for graduating podlings that many TLPs might not pass.

I agree with that, and although I'm a strong supporter of the Maturity
Model (having initiated it that's understandable ;-) I'm totally ok
with podlings graduating without fullfilling all of its requirements.

In my view the model is:

1) A good tool to help discover areas that podlings might have neglected.

2) A good tool to help podlings look at where they stand, and what
they might still need to improve after graduation.

3) A good tool to express our ideal way of doing things, in a concise
way, and evolve that definition over time.

Based on this I will continue to push for podlings to come to
graduation with a self-assessment based on that model.

OTOH I'm fine with us clarifying that it's not a requirement.

-Bertrand