I don't have a vote here, but I"m now confused about what problem is being
solved.  Is it, as Stian says, that an entity is being lazy and did not
attempt to review the contents of the grant before donating?  I thought
the goal is to just keep folks from bothering us with additional language
on these grants.

I would think it is still required of the receiving project to review the
contents assuming the donor made a good faith attempt to review the
contents as well.  But as I think Stian is saying (and I'm saying since I
experienced it), mistakes are going to happen and things that shouldn't
have been donated will be accidentally listed in exhibit A.  Do our legal
advisors think that some conditional or exclusion for accidents is built
into the grant wording already or should some language about that be added
to software-grant.txt ?

What is the protocol if, even after IP clearance/grant acceptance, that
something is found in the included files that shouldn't be in there?  I
assume Apache takes the friendly approach of "Oops, that probably
shouldn't have been in there" and just deletes that file?

Thanks,
-Alex