Dave Fisher wrote on 11/2/17 11:13 PM:
> [...]

...snip...
>> I'm not even sure I agree with deleting the websites.  It was a project.
>> Now it's not.  That doesn't mean the information should no longer be
>> available.  But not sure the resources need to be covered.
>
> Either the IPMC should review the policy or we should ask the board to
> set/confirm the policy for “retired” podlings.

Podlings in incubation are not Apache projects - by definition.  They
are podlings effectively managed within the incubator.  So it would be
best for the IPMC to come up with a specific policy or plan for this,
vote on it, and then just let the board know "Hey, here's how we're
going to formally handle retiring podling assets".

Personally, I think it depends on how long the podling was around (i.e.
how many likely other people were attempting to use the project) and
what the state of it's IP clearance is.  In particular, if IP clearance
weren't complete, I would vote for deleting the repos, just to ensure
that we're not distributing (even via source control) IP that the ASF
isn't assured of having under our license.

--

- Shane
  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/resources