On 19 November 2017 at 16:52, Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 18. 11. 2017 v 21:46, sebb <seb...@gmail.com>:
>
>> BTW, I've just noticed that the vote mail does not include a link to
>> the source tag.
>
> True, I've added the tag yesterday when the vote was approved:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-html4j/tree/release-1.5.1

IMO the tag should be created first, and the RC created from it.

>> So I don't know how anyone can have checked the contents of the source
>> archive against the code repo.
>
> One would have to check against the revision used by the Jenkins builder job
> run that I referenced in my email:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-html4j-release/20/

Apart from having to rummage through the log to find the revision,
AIUI Jenkins log files are not kept forever, so this information is
not preserved for posterity.

IMO for traceability it's vital that the vote email contains all the
info that would be needed to re-run the checks at a later date if
necessary.