On 11 December 2017 at 11:33, Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> starting with Edgent 1.2.0 we have switched the build system to Maven.
> Therefore, the build is now generating output with the default Maven settings.
> So instead of adjusting the names for every future release, would it be
> better to change the names of the existing ones?

What names are you referring to?

> I also did notice the old releases were not including LICENSE, README and
> RELEASE_NOTES, but according to our wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Release+Manager%27s+Guide#ReleaseManager'sGuide-StagingtheReleaseCandidate
> I thought this was probably some requirement added after the last release.
> Would you suggest removing the 3 text files and adjust the RC documentation
> accordingly or to add the NOTICE and adjust the RC documentation?

README and RELEASE_NOTES are fine.

It's only the LICENSE that is a problem (for me, at least).

Also I just noticed that the RC [5] only has source whereas the
previous release [2] has source and binaries.
If this release is to include binaries, they should be provided for review.

Further, the previous release [2] has a different source LICENSE from RC1.
Is that correct?