To clarify a bit:
> [snip]
>> platform/modules/ext/org.eclipse.osgi_3.9.1.v20140110-1610.jar
>> - I’m not sure if the OSGi license is compatible with the Apache one. It’s
>> not listed in Category A/B/X you may need to ask on legal discuss. It may
>> be under EPL but not 100% sure.

OSGI code is AL v2 licensed. If i have correctly identified the jar under
discussion
http://hg.netbeans.org/binaries/E5DDC5E827D3D62E7BE9F7E32927CA01F2839971-org.eclipse.osgi_3.9.1.v20140110-1610.jar

<http://hg.netbeans.org/binaries/E5DDC5E827D3D62E7BE9F7E32927CA01F2839971-org.eclipse.osgi_3.9.1.v20140110-1610.jar>
 it contains a version of equinox, the eclipse foundation implementation of an
OSGI framework; this is EPL 1.0 licensed if obtained directly from the eclipse
foundation, but may be licensed differently if redistributed. It’s unclear to
me what is in this jar from the discussion about it on
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-361>
> Apache Felix is using those as well, I think?

Apache Felix uses OSGI code packaged by OSGI and typically distributed via
maven central.  This is all ALv2 licensed.
Some Felix subprojects can be configured to use unmodified equinox (the eclipse
OSGI framework implementation) for testing as well as the Felix framework
implementation.
As far as I know no Felix subprojects depend on any equinox jars for non-test
purposes.

[snip]

david jencks