Le 26 janv. 2018 21:53, "Byung-Gon Chun" <bgc...@gmail.com> a écrit :

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 5:41 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Why not doing a beam subproject? Any blocker?

Thanks for the question, Romain.

We have a flexible, efficient runtime that supports various user programs
(e.g., Beam and Spark programs).
We are taking advantage of Beam as a programming layer, but our focus is
more on optimizing execution on various deployment scenarios.
We also plan to support other programming layers.

I tend to think it can converge since beam is about portability and
complementary IMHO. Can be worth PoCing.

> Otherwise +1 to have it @asf, makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the support!

-Gon

> Le 26 janv. 2018 20:58, "Byung-Gon Chun" <bgc...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 4:09 AM, Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Great work -- I think this technology has a lot of promise, and I'd
> love
> > > see its evolution inside the Foundation.
> > >

> > Thanks, Davor!
> >

> > > Parts of it, like the Onyx Intermediate Representation [1], overlap
> with
> > > the work-in-progress inside the Apache Beam project ("portability").
> We'd
> > > love to work together on this -- would you be open to such
> collaboration?
> > > If so, it may not be necessary to start from scratch, and leverage the
> > work
> > > already done.
> > >

> > Sure. We're open to collaboration.
> >

> > > Regarding the name, Onyx would likely have to be renamed, due to a
> > conflict
> > > with a related technology [2].
> > >

> > Thanks for pointing it out. It's difficult to come up with a good short
> > name. :)
> > Do you have any suggestion?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -Gon