Writing code is error prone too.  Just like code, make a good effort, let
the code reviewers catch things, make more changes, review it again.

The key thing is to do the work and get the reviews in a timely fashion
instead of at release vote time.  No big deal if you miss something.
That's why there are reviewers and at least 2 other people have to ok it.

My 2 cents,
-Alex