Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for your review, I have some questions:

1. The source LICENSE mentions:
- JSON licensed software - this is category X and can’t be dependancy even
if it is not included in the source release. [1]
- CDDL and EPL license software there are category B and cannot be included
in a source release. [2]

I reviewed this JSON license we've mentioned in license file: (The JSON
License) JSON in Java (org.json:json:20140107 -
https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSON-java)
It is transitive dependency from org.apache.hive:hive-metastore:jar:1.2.1
(The Apache Software License, Version 2.0), we use hive metastore APIs and
mentioned in pom.xml, but did not use org.json libraries directly. And it
is bundled after built in runtime.
- I also checked license file of hive, it announced JSON license for
org.json library. (
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/release-1.2.1/LICENSE#L308)
For those CDDL and EPL licenses dependencies, we also just need them in
runtime.

2. Only things that are actually bundled in the release should be mentioned
in LICENSE. [3][4]

To my understanding, as a source release, all the dependencies are bundled
when it is built.
The dependencies are not bundled in the source code, so we don't need to
announce any dependencies' licenses in source release?

Actually, in the Griffin-0.2.0-incubating [RC1] release vote process, we've
receive an email from John D. Ament:
-----
On mine I get 3 files failing

Unapproved licenses:

  DEPENDENCIES
  griffin-doc/service/postman/griffin.json
  griffin-doc/service/postman/griffin_environment.json

Doing what I assume is the same thing as Matt (mvn apache-rat:check from
the source release folder) . In addition to what he's noted, the year in
your NOTICE file should be updated to 2018.  The resulting output files
need a little bit of work:

- measure's JAR shows the notice for Avro.  It also packs in additional
dependencies that are not apache licensed (they're all Cat B so they're
fine).  In the next release, please create dedicated NOTICE and LICENSE
files for this JAR.
- Similar issues exist in the service JAR, where the spring boot JAR
includes many other dependencies, some of which carry their own NOTICE
(Jackson, Tomcat) or other licenses.  What's harder is that you're using
Hibernate, which is an LGPL Cat-X dependency and cannot be included in the
JAR.  This is going to have to come out.
- The resulting output from your UI build should have licenses in place for
font awesome, glyphicons.  I'm not sure whats in your vendor.min.js but
based on your node_modules you may need to call out additional
license/notice contents.

Sorry, but -1.
-----

In the comments, we also did not bundle any dependencies in source code,
they are just bundled after built.
It seems like we should announce the licenses of dependencies in built
jars, even if we only released the source code package.

*Now I'm confused about this, would you give me some suggestions? *

Thanks,
Lionel