On 13 April 2018 at 11:26, Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can't distribute the MySQL driver, but as long as you don't distribute
> the driver, you are free to solve the problem any way you like.  You can
> require that the user download the driver themselves, or you can develop
> your own driver -- all of those are fine.

This is the policy that I think applies here:

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional

Does the product work without MySQL?
It sounds like that this would be an optional storage method, so
depending on it would be fine.

The uses who want to use MySQL will have to download the driver (and
accept the terms of its license).
Those that don't wish to use MySQL aren't affected.