+1 (binding), despite the terrible formatting :P

With regards,
Daniel.

On 06/08/2018 09:06 AM, Chris Thistlethwaite wrote:
Hi All,
I'd like to start a vote on accepting Warble into the Apache Incubator.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1d62a2948d047cea38e6f01f92d5f138f8
3acd2c9d86349023fb28e4@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
The ASF voting rules are described:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
A vote for accepting a new Apache Incubator podling is a majority
votefor which only Incubator PMC member votes are binding.
This vote will run for at least 72 hours. Please VOTE as follows[ ] +1
Accept Warble into the Apache Incubator[ ] +0 Abstain.[ ] -1 Do not
accept Warble into the Incubator
The proposal is listed below, but you can also access it on the wiki:ht
tps://wiki.apache.org/incubator/WarbleProposal

Thank you,Chris T.

= Apache Warble Proposal =
== Abstract ==
     Apache Warble is a distributed endpoint monitoring solution where
the agent    is hosted on your own hardware. The aim of Warble is to
produce a more balanced     and less binary view of services and
systems, lowering the rates of false positives    while also providing
greater insight into possible peering issues and proactive
trend    analysis.     ==    Proposal ==         The goal of Warble
will be to bring internal control of distributed     monitoring back to
the end user. Warble can be used as an independent    service running
on your own infrastructure monitoring other services    in your
infrastructure.      ==     Background and Rationale ==         The
beginning of this project was prompted by the service
pingmybox.com     (PMB) going end of life. This brought up conversation
about FOSS services     that can monitor internal and external
services. PMB offered a unique code     base to build this service upon
a known infrastructure.     ===    Initial Goals ===
     Bring PMB code into the ASF, refactor the client/server into     a
more reusable structure.     Further reuse of code gives us the a great
starting point to build a     starting point.      ==    Current Status
==         The software exists as a proprietary service. We wish to
convert this to    a FLOSS solution.     ==    Meritocracy
==         The initial PMC list covers new folks coming into the
ASF.     ==    Community ==         There exists a large user-base of
software like Warble, as well as existing users of the old propietary
service. It is our hope that we    can convert a great deal of these to
contributors and testers for the    new open source
product.     ==    Core Developers ==         The initial set of
developers are a lot of newcomers:
     * Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>    * Chris Thistlethwaite
<chr...@apache.org>    * Haig Didizian <h...@didizian.com>    * Andrew
Karetas <ajkare...@gmail.com>    * Chandler Claxton
<claxtonchand...@gmail.com>    * Luke Stevens
<snevets.e...@gmail.com>    * Mike Andescavage
<michael.andescav...@live.com>    * Chris Lambertus
<c...@apache.org>     ==    Known Risks ==        There are many
existing services that provide external monitoring. They    are well
established and have large user bases.     ===    Orphaned Products
===         The initial PMC has great interest in open source projects,
though no formal     projects have been
run.          ===    Inexperience with Open Source ===         Most of
the initial PPMC members are new to the ASF and some are new to open
source projects. However,    all are very interested in giving back to
the community and projects.  Having said that, there are    several
people involved with extensive experience in the Apache Way and our
procedures and processes.     ===    Homogenous Developers
===         The initial set of developers are employed by a variety of
companies,    located across the world, and used to working on a
variety of    distributed projects.     ===    Reliance on Salaried
Developers ===         We do not expect the interest of the proposed
initial PMC to be directly    tied to current employment, but will
actively seek to grow our volunteer    base
regardless.     ===    Relationships with Other Apache Products
===         Not much to say here. Many ASF projects make use of the
proprietary    offering, we wish to open source it and have people
engage in the    development of the project. There are, at present,
indirect relationships     in that some dependencies are built on
Apache software, but these are     generally by proxy and does not
merit considering Warble as a sub-project    of an existing
TLP.          ==    Initial Source ==         The initial task of the
PMC will be assessing what we wish the project to    contain. The
proprietary vendor is willing to donate the software,
but    considerable rewriting and relicensing will have to take place.
This will    likely happen in stages, with the scrapers and UI being
ported first,    and a backend auth system being partly ported/donated,
and partly    developed from scratch at the ASF.     ===    Source and
Intellectual Property Submission Plan ===         All the existing code
in question (from the PMB suite) is owned by    Quenda IvS, and will be
donated to the ASF.     ===    External Dependencies ===         The
current code base depends on incompatible licenses
for    visualizations. We will work towards 100% compatibility with the
Apache    License v/2.     ===    Cryptography ===         Warble will
make use of some SSL/TLS and cryptography in order to transmit
data    between nodes and main server, however we will not be
incorporating any cryptography    in the project code itself, but
rather rely on existing encryption libraries and
protocols.     ==    Required Resources ==     ===    Mailing Lists
===             priv...@warble.apache.org (moderated
@warble.apache.org             d...@warble.apache.org                use
r...@warble.apache.org      ===    Repositories ===      * https://gitbox
.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-warble.git     ===    Issue Tracking
===        We will be starting with just GitHub Issues/PRs and later
assess the possible need for something else.     ===    Other Resources
===         We have no other requirements at present.    We will
require one or more VMs at some point, however, it may be the
case    that we can get these donated by companies interested in
furthering the development    of the project.

===    domain name: ===             https://warble.apache.org      ==
   Initial PMC ==
     * Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>    * Chris Thistlethwaite <ch
r...@apache.org>    * Haig Didizian <h...@didizian.com>    * Andrew
Karetas <ajkare...@gmail.com>    * Chandler Claxton <claxtonchandler@gm
ail.com>    * Luke Stevens <snevets.e...@gmail.com>    * Mike
Andescavage <michael.andescav...@live.com>     ===    Affiliations
===         PMC members are employees of ASF, Microsoft, Evolve Guest
Solutions, Revolt    Consulting, and independently
employed              ==    Sponsors ==     ===    Champion
===         Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>     ===     Nominated
Mentors ===         Daniel Pono Takamori <p...@apache.org>     ===    S
ponsoring Entity ===