Hi -

Since the subject has come up. I think that the retirement policy as described
by the website [1] needs to be updated.

Update ${podling} Incubator SVN
Add entries to asf-mailer.conf and send mail to cvs at incubator.apache.org
Remove entries from asf-authorizaton - this makes the directory rw to the
Incubator PMC.

For podlings that have an active GitHub through GitBox the implication of this
step is that the IPMC will now have control of the GitHub auth.

(1) What needs to be done to the archive to make it clear that the podling is
retired? Shouldn’t the README.md be modified in a prior step?

(2) Also, in some cases the retirement could mean the transfer of the GitHub
project elsewhere. Do we want to force a fork, or allow the project’s GitHub to
move elsewhere>

Regards,
Dave

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html