Adrian Cole wrote on 8/17/18 5:29 AM:
> I would like to propose Zipkin as an Apache Incubator project.
>
> The text of the proposal can be found below as well as on the Incubator wiki:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ZipkinProposal

Glad to see this come through!

One thing I'd like to point out is the thoughtful process OpenZipkin
went through in deciding to make the proposal.  Adrian led the community
through really figuring out what the community needed, and evaluated
either coming to the ASF, going to CNCF, or staying independent:

  https://github.com/openzipkin/openzipkin.github.io/issues/51

This is the kind of thing that would be great to write a blog post about
(from anyone, really) that the IPMC could point to as an example of how
different communities decided to come to the ASF.

--

- Shane
  Director & Member