There was a process involved at Twitter when we first moved it to the
openzipkin organization. It was 100% clear that this was an act for
the community to control the code.  Senior management were involved
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/zipkin-user/fbOgEZpuQx4/bWH1-__EmCoJ

After that, all the repositories had contributing files like the below
indicating that all changes we to be redistributable under ASL
https://github.com/openzipkin/zipkin/blob/master/.github/CONTRIBUTING.md#license

There was no collection of contributor agreements beyond this. Most of
the code except save some UI assets have been completely rewritten
since the migration to OpenZipkin a few years back.

Hope these details help,
-A