Hi all!

We've recently had several mentors bow out of mentoring due to their other
responsibilities becoming more pressing. Consequently, we're looking to add 2-3
more folks who can help us navigate the Incubator process.

http://annotator.apache.org/ has more information if you're new to the project.

Our greatest incubator related hurdle is wrangling a scattered community from
across the Web into the welcoming arms of our project. :) We're building
tooling around the W3C's Web Annotation specifications [1] and writing browser
and server code to eventually replace much of the tooling originally provided
by Annotator.js [2]. However, our goal is *not* to ship a full UX for doing
annotation, but rather a set of tools to enable developers to ship annotation
capabilities within their applications.

You can read more about our project on our Proposal page:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/wiki/Proposal

We hope to eventually be able to liaison with many other Apache Top-Level
Projects to add annotation capabilities to their systems for machine learning,
linked data, and natural language processing (search, indexing, etc).

Help wanted! :)

Much thanks!
Benjamin

[1] https://www.w3.org/annotation/